Introducing kids to the election process can be a daunting task. Not only is it complex and a bit confusing, it’s also not generally the most exciting topic.
Helping children understand the basics regarding voting and elections is important though, in order to ensure they become educated, competent citizens.
Picture books can provide a meaningful and engaging opportunity to help kids begin to make sense of the way the election process works, by using fun stories, enticing illustrations, and simple text to explain and inform.
If you’re interested in children’s picture books about voting and elections, you’ll appreciate these titles. Click on each link below for more information.
- Vote! – By Eileen Christelow
- Election Day – By Margaret McNamara
- My Teacher for President – By Kay Winters
- America Votes: How Our President Is Elected – By Linda Granfield
- Grace for President – By Kelly DiPucchio
- Today on Election Day – By Catherine Stier
- Vote for Me! – By Ben Clanton
- Amelia Bedelia’s First Vote – By Herman Parish
- If I Ran For President – By Catherine Stier
- Duck for President – By Doreen Cronin
Do you have a favorite picture book for kids about voting and elections? What would you add to this list?