Thanksgiving is a time to stop and reflect on all we have to be grateful for.
Teaching children to be a part of this acknowledgment, and helping them to truly understand what it means to be thankful, is a wonderful way to encourage contentment and finding joy in life’s simple pleasures.
Amidst the stuffing and pumpkin pie, we should all take the time to sit down with our loved ones to talk about the things around us that are a blessing in our lives.
If you’re looking for children’s picture books about Thanksgiving, to help get the conversation started, I think you’ll appreciate these titles.
- The Night Before Thanksgiving by Natasha Wing
- The Thanksgiving Story by Alice Dalgliesh
- The Thanksgiving Surprise by Peggy Archer
- The Thankful Book by Todd Parr
- Thanksgiving Is Here by Diane Goode
- Thanks for Thanksgiving by Julie Markes
- The Thanksgiving Door by Debby Atwell
- Thanksgiving Is for Giving Thanks by Margaret Sutherland
- The Story of the Pilgrims by Katharine Ross
- What Is Thanksgiving? by Michelle Adams
Do you have a favorite children’s book about Thanksgiving? Feel free to add your suggestions in the comments below.