If you’ve spent any significant amount of time with young children, you know they are full of questions. Their natural curiosity drives them to seek knowledge about anything and everything they encounter.
From an early age, kids are intrigued by their own body, and those of others. They notice the similarities and differences, and they want to know how and why our bodies do certain things.
My 2 youngest boys (ages 4 and 7) are currently interested in learning more detailed information about the human body. We’ve been busy viewing documentaries on Netflix, watching videos on YouTube, and reading through a huge stack of books from our local library.
The kids have learned a lot, and quite honestly, so have I.
We compiled a list of our favorite picture books about the human body, in hopes that you might find it useful for the children in your life.
1. The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body – By Joanna Cole
2. The Amazing Human Machine – By Lori Froeb
3. Human Body: A Book with Guts! – By Dan Green
4. My First Human Body Book – By Patricia Wynne
5. I Wonder Why I Blink: And Other Questions – By Brigid Avison
6. What’s Inside? My Body – By Angela Royston
7. Uncover the Human Body – By Luann Colombo
8. First Human Body Encyclopedia – By DK Publishing
9. My Body – By Patty Carratello
10. Outside-In – By Claire Smallman
Do you have a favorite children’s picture book about the human body? I’d love to hear your suggestions.
Interested in more science curriculum? You’ll find tons of ideas and inspiration on our Science Activities Pinterest Board.